Show Of Hands November 10th, 2011 12:00am

Do you associate your beliefs with those of the Tea Party movement?

KudosToYou California
11/10/11 6:42 pm

The Tea Party is just the scum of the Earth. They're all vile, stupid human beings intent on spreading fear and hate.

fairness a coward dies 1000 deaths
11/11/11 11:31 pm

Here is the problem with the tea party
1. Taxed Enough Already. How? Tax rates are the lowest they have been in 60 years. America flourished during the with much higher taxes since then.
2. The tea party derives it's name from the Boston tea party also. This event was not about being taxed...

zello Pennsylvania
11/10/11 6:43 pm

Ohh boy. y do we associate by party? I'm me! I believe my beliefs and I dont listen to party I go with my gut. there are some good liberals, leftists, rightists, republicans, independents, teaparty, and centrists,the thing is ppl associate bad ppl of a party with the party.Then everyone is disliked

zello Pennsylvania
11/10/11 6:44 pm

Samuel give me a reason to beleive u!

fairness a coward dies 1000 deaths
11/11/11 11:35 pm

It was about taxation without representation. Every teabagger in America has representation in our government.

The very name chosen doesn't align with history or current times, and not a single one of them realize it...sad

Lutang
11/10/11 9:13 pm

Tea Party isn't supposed to be "GOP" and OWS isn't supposed to be "Dems."

Tea Party wants smaller gvt. That's what they stood for. This right Wong Christian b.s. is just the hangers on making a bad name for the movement.

OWS is against corporate and fiscal corruption. The hippies have ruined it.

cup0pizza .
11/10/11 6:49 pm

Oh hell no. Tea party freaks are losers and scumbags. Idiots for even calling themselves "teabaggers" - great self-pwnage.

Lutang
11/10/11 9:14 pm

Both movements started with great intentions but they're being judged by the worst of their followers and that's not fair to their original messages. Which....aren't actually too far apart.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/11/11 11:43 pm

the baggers are just like the occu-dorks...either focusing on the wrong issues and/or directing their anger in the wrong way.

mrcalifornia
11/10/11 9:15 pm

@jessie74 Theocracies only work when everyone in the country is of the same religion and willing to follow that religions rules. The only place that happens is in Vatican City. Even the Islamic countries have minority religions. America is not all Christian, even if it was, not all one denomination.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/11/11 11:44 pm

I want OT know where else you can live with these tax rates and have this standard of living. any suggestions? no. didn't think so.

David01127 Ohio
11/11/11 9:39 am

I don't understand the three percent of Democrats. The Tea party is the polar opposite of the Democratic party

11/11/11 11:55 pm

Fairness it is about being Taxed Enough Already. Fiscal responsibility. Personal responsibility. The government should perhaps provide a safety net not a freaking hammock!

11/12/11 12:00 am

I'm convinced! Does anyone have the address where to send all the extra money I have to the IRS?

RJ1969 SoCal
11/12/11 12:02 am

no, don't send it...save it. then, move to Somalia where you won't have to pay a single cent in taxes.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/12/11 12:06 am

Mexico has lower tax rates too, and few benefits, safety nets, or services. sounds like paradise for baggers.

RJ1969 SoCal
11/12/11 12:08 am

there is no solution that a democratically elected government of the people, by the people, for the people could do that 1800's style anarchy can do better!

HolyBabble Mississippi
11/10/11 6:57 pm

I'm not really sure what they're beliefs are, I don't think most of them do either... just a bunch of "useless idiots".

RJ1969 SoCal
11/12/11 12:18 am

that map is rather pathetic, actually.

cup0pizza .
11/10/11 7:01 pm

But Jessie, their cool hats made out of teabags are dope, huh?

unforgivnn
11/10/11 9:26 pm

@32no: There is ZERO correlation between tax rates and tax revenues. Increased rates don't lead to increased revenues. Revenues follow the economy and GDP, regardless of tax rates.

unforgivnn
11/10/11 9:27 pm

So raising rates won't generate more revenue, but will discourage economic growth. tax cuts will spur the economy, increasing tax revenues overall.

11/14/11 10:23 am

It took two years, but people wised up.

ken Tulsa,ok
11/12/11 1:00 am

Fairness the first tea party was about tax . The king of England to raise money was going to put a tax on tea. It was about tax back there

HolyBabble Mississippi
11/10/11 7:04 pm

Blah blah blah "Obama bad" blah blah blah "born in Kenya" blah blah blah "Muslim" blah blah blah "birth certificate" blah blah blah "take our country back" blah blah blah

DanIndepen Ohio
11/13/11 12:31 pm

I wouldn't say everything, but some of them

unforgivnn
11/11/11 10:33 am

32no: That graph on the website is MINE. I made it in Excel. The data comes directly from Government numbers, NOT Fox News, Rush, The Heritage Foundation, or any other place. I spent a lot of time researching the numbers...

ken Tulsa,ok
11/12/11 1:09 am

Fairness what is a fair tax rate. When the upper 53% pay 97% of the tax to the government now and the lower 47% only pay 3% . Look it up on the IRS Web sight if you don't believe me

unforgivnn
11/11/11 10:35 am

...so what makes you think it is biased? Those are straight up numbers! Let's say you are correct about less money = less spending on foreign products. It certainly doesn't mean more spending on domestic products!...

trapps ND
11/11/11 5:02 pm

32no. If there weren't so many regulations and high taxes I'm sure business would be more inclined to stay here.

ken Tulsa,ok
11/12/11 1:12 am

Fairness back then everybody pay there fair share now the upper 50% support the lower 50 %. Who barely pay any tax

11/10/11 7:06 pm

Lol, Tea Party Democrats. wtf?

unforgivnn
11/11/11 10:36 am

...so I ask again how taking money AWAY from Americans helps the economy???

ORinNY New York
11/11/11 10:36 am

I have a hard time aligning with a group of people on medicare that are constantly shouting for no taxes. I do like the notion of spending less than you bring in though, I'd just take that money out of our overgrown military. I'd much rather have a standing militia like the 2nd amendment suggests.

unforgivnn
11/11/11 10:40 am

32no: You don't know what you are talking about! Rich people ABSOLUTELY provide jobs. Apple has 60,400 full time employees, the vast majority of which are in the USA. ExxonMobile: 83,600. Amazon: 33,700. Walmart: 2.1 million!!!

unforgivnn
11/11/11 10:41 am

Small businesses provide a lot of jobs for sure...and a lot of small businesses exist in coordination with and help from big business. Do you honestly believe the rich don't provide jobs here?

11/10/11 7:09 pm

I'd hate the tea partiers but it's impossible. they are just too damn cute with their little walkers and their oversized sunhats with the tiny American flags waving in their wrinkly balled up fists

11/10/11 9:40 pm

Their not all crazy, just some of them that have their teabags filled with weed. Occupy Wall street is like the Tea Party, but the people are in Occupy are younger than the Tea Party.

flanders
11/12/11 11:52 am

Yes, lower taxes more personal responsibility for your life situation.

unforgivnn
11/11/11 10:47 am

32no: As my graph demonstrates, tax revenues do NOT follow tax rates. There is zero correlation between the two lines on the graph...

flanders
11/12/11 11:55 am

Fairness = everyone pays taxes no matter how much you make. Period. Tired of half the country getting a free pass on taxes

geobelker
11/13/11 2:57 am

I respect every political party -- democrat, rebublican, whatever -- except the tea party.

11/10/11 7:12 pm

The origin of the Tea Party was in honest libertarianism- until the crazies got involved.

11/12/11 12:05 pm

So what happens when a 70 year old ends up with little money for 20 years of retirement after 50 years of working at a gas station? What is society's responsibility? Clearly you all aren't rich. Statistics show $200,000 savings for 50 year olds. Won't cut it. You're screwed.