Rotavele November 12th, 2014 8:07pm

When people begin to fully understand Net Neutrality and it's heavily labeled as socialism by certain political groups, does this likely make socialism look better to those who support net neutrality?

11/12/14 1:08 pm

I think an educated voter base is going to completely reform a lot in this country one day. At least I hope so.

11/12/14 1:14 pm

Well that was very partisan sounding. I think a lot of people need to be much more educated in the political systems they have always been taught as evil.

cowboy Doors of Perception
11/12/14 6:17 pm

Those that support the Government "fixing" the Internet, like they did so well with healthcare, are Socialists anyway.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
11/12/14 6:17 pm

Not really. They call everything they don't understand or that scares them socialism. Doesn't make it so. Besides, a little socialism is a good thing, even for them.

11/12/14 3:50 pm

BlueRum it's as socialist as Social Security, Work safety Regulations, Minimum Work Hours, Minimum Wage, and Healthcare is :P a lot of people don't realize just how much socialism we have.

11/12/14 3:50 pm

It takes the government to step in and keep businesses from screwing over the consumers. That's literally almost the definition of socialism :P

BusinessJustin Tamriel
11/12/14 6:08 pm

Haha, fair enough. I like you too rota. Know that even when we disagree I have respect for you. Show of Hands is where I like to get my argument on, but I'm usually very passive in person.

smacc DunningKruger
11/12/14 1:59 pm

No, if fully understood it would be clear that it is not socialism.

11/12/14 4:53 pm

What do you not like about the ACA

BusinessJustin Tamriel
11/12/14 4:13 pm

And we could stand for a lot less of it in many areas, especially Social Security and healthcare.

11/12/14 4:20 pm

Yes. Full reform.

BusinessJustin Tamriel
11/12/14 5:57 pm

No rota, insurance is protection against a loss. You buy insurance hoping to never use it. That's what insurance is. Health insurance is not insurance by any stretch of the term; it's cost-sharing and it's failing.

11/12/14 5:59 pm

I don't think we will get to a productive point on this one so agree to disagree because I like both of you? :D

ozzy
11/13/14 5:29 am

The fed gov has no place in the business world (except to regulate inter-state transactions. Also you cannot legislate morality. Our government was not designed to do business. It ruins everything it touches.

11/12/14 9:05 pm

Nobody said anything about not being able to live. That's where this discussion always goes sideways, I believe there are more creative options but most people, government especially are not willing to get creative

11/12/14 8:39 pm

We all should pay into our own pots. And just like car insurance, you can't afford it, you don't get it.

BusinessJustin Tamriel
11/12/14 1:18 pm

Although I believe very strongly in net neutrality, but I still hold an extremely negative view of socialism.

11/12/14 3:51 pm

Sadly they are right now but I still think we could do a lot better. Growth and jobs are up. We're doing very well in most things. We just lack the more we need to be.

smacc DunningKruger
11/12/14 6:56 pm

So any regulation is socialism?
Prosecution of a corporation is socialism?

11/12/14 5:29 pm

Blue rum that's what insurance is. It's paying for other people's healthcare.

11/12/14 6:58 pm

I would like your comment on the fact that some people are paying for two groups if insurance while only using one. Doesn't that seen wrong?

11/12/14 1:23 pm

You right and that works because it is not socialism. It's more common sense

11/12/14 1:24 pm

I hope a lot of reform happens one day as well. Right now, things are not good and not heading in a good direction

11/12/14 6:59 pm

BlueRum that's the capitalist perspective :P.

Smacc, sort of yes. We stopped being an unregulated capitalist nation when we out lawed child labor, set max work hours, and required safety conditions.

11/12/14 4:50 pm

Social security and Aca I don't like at all, minimum wage is ok only to an extent.

11/12/14 7:01 pm

Obamacare is not tax funded. The subsidies are for the very poor who work. The insurance without subsidy is actually pretty expensive which I don't like but you have to get the money somewhere.

11/12/14 8:49 pm

I'm sorry but I can't honestly vote for the option that says if your poor enough you don't deserve to live. I am sure you see it completely differently but I just think we should agree to disagree.

11/12/14 4:59 pm

1. It can cost businesses more money. My insurance went up where I worked as a result.
2. You are required to have insurance or pay a tax/fee. Right now while unemployed I can't afford it but I had to add myself to wife's ins. I would not have if

11/12/14 5:02 pm

Yes but chances are it didn't go up enough to really hurt anyone in the middle income. What about all the new benefits? They can't drop you anymore if you get cancer, can't deny you insurance if you have an illness, etc. A lot of people were helped.

Diknak Ohio
11/13/14 7:55 am

Calling it socialism is an incorrect comparison. In socialism, it means that the government has control and runs it. With Net Neutrality, there is no government control at all; just laws on the books.

11/12/14 5:02 pm

There's a lot more good to come to the world for a few dollars and you never know when you're going to get sick. I've never understood why people are upset about having to have health insurance.

smacc DunningKruger
11/12/14 8:51 pm

Hmm, technically I guess it is. I usually look at it as ownership of means and production along with regulation but regulation alone does fit the definition. Frankly I don't see it as a bad thing. Any pure form of any ism is a bad thing.

11/12/14 5:03 pm

Not for the damn Aca. If rather take my chance and wait till i have full time job again,
3. We should not have to pay for others insurance in any way at all, whether they can't afford it before or after the fact

11/12/14 5:47 pm

No insurance is a big pool of money with everyone else in your same insurance company. Aca is tax money used for insurance purposes. Meaning those who pay for their own insurance also out Limey into the pit people take out for the Aca insurance.

11/12/14 5:06 pm

While working recently my cost sent up about 30 a month fur to Aca and yes that pissed me off. I don't want wasted dollars.

11/12/14 5:49 pm

That's means those who don't use Aca and pay taxes are paying double. And when I pay for insurance my goal is to use some of what I pay do I'm using some if my money. Not letting it go to waste. If I have my yen I can't do that with the Aca money too

11/12/14 5:50 pm

So what if companies screw people over. The people need to figurd it out and go with a company that screws them less

11/12/14 5:07 pm

It upsets me to have it when I have to pay 500 month on my wife's insurance right now when were are making 2000 less a month while I look for a job. I previously paid about 80 a month for it while working

11/12/14 8:28 pm

Would you rather pay for their Medicaid then?

11/12/14 7:24 pm

Subsidies still come from tax money. That means I pay for my own insurance and i help pay for theirs. That's not right. There should be no subsidies at all.