Arananthi Literal Ninja
10/22/14 11:19 am

That's what *he* said.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
10/22/14 12:35 pm

Shots seem like a sensible, inexpensive, and extremely low risk measure to prevent or at least reduce the incidence of diseases that would otherwise still be prevalent. I get my shots not just for my own benefit, but also for the good of the herd.

dventola98 CMU
10/23/14 2:15 pm

I got hpv awhile ago

susanr Colorado
10/22/14 11:31 am

flu from a flu shot, as far as I'm aware. (The viruses in the injectable form have been inactivated - there *is* live virus in the nasal spray vaccine, although it's weakened & can't survive at the temperature in the lungs.)

susanr Colorado
10/22/14 11:33 am

Not the *flu* virus, dventola, to the best of my understanding, with the exception of the nasal spray form, as I noted above.

TigerShark47 Missouri
10/22/14 6:47 pm

I've never understood why people won't vaccinate them self or their children. I can somewhat understand for the flu since it only vaccinates against 3 strains, but other than that, no.

cowboy Doors of Perception
10/22/14 12:11 pm

The flu shot? No. It's unnecessary. The HPV vaccine for my daughter? Nope.

Nemacyst No Lives Matter
10/22/14 11:15 am

This user is currently being ignored

dventola98 CMU
10/22/14 11:17 am

You may have a weak immune system but that's a pretty solid reason to not get it.

EarlyBird Portland
10/22/14 2:58 pm

I should have asked why not that one?

susanr Colorado
10/22/14 11:28 am

I'd suspect something more like a reaction to something in the vaccine, like eggs. Do you react to any others? Either than, or incredibly bad luck & timing; that is, that you happened to be coming down with it already. You can't actually get the

dventola98 CMU
10/22/14 11:30 am

well when you get a vaccination they are actually giving you and extremely weak version of the disease that your immune system kills off so it has the anti body's to fight off that infection again but it you have a weak immune system for what ever

dventola98 CMU
10/22/14 11:31 am

reason the virus might actually get you sick before your body starts fighting it off

susanr Colorado
10/22/14 11:55 am

"Firing from both ends" doesn't sound like influenza, except sometimes in children, and, I think, with swine flu. But whatever the reason, good that you're aware it's a problem for you. I don't remember not being able to swim after the smallpox

susanr Colorado
10/22/14 11:59 am

vaccination - for how long? I know I had to have one as a young adult when I went to Mexico. Got it in San Diego, & was in the ocean in Mexico a day or two later.

susanr Colorado
10/22/14 1:28 pm

Yeeks. You didn't have any reaction to the anthrax vaccinations? I remember hearing that they could have some pretty bad side effects.

dventola98 CMU
10/22/14 11:14 am

Why no flu? I understand there is on a 50% chance of it working but for a few bucks I'd do it.