FieryFury June 7th, 2018 12:21pm

Is there a way to fully get out of jury duty with or without a medical issue? If so, how?

jlong105 Indiana
06/07/18 6:09 am

If your medical problem is documented present that to the court. At a minimum they will have to make reasonable accommodations. They might allow you to stand as needed, but I find it more likely the judge will think it is too distracting and you will be dismissed.

CMChristian gone
06/07/18 5:34 am

My dad says he usually gets out of jury duty by comparing the case to the McDonald's case with the old lady and the coffee incident saying it's a stupid lawsuit. Then judge says "We will dismiss this juror" and boom. Italians manouver their way outta justice again 🇮🇹🇮🇹

ovcourse California
06/07/18 7:51 am

If you own, and run, your own business.
You don’t speak/understand English well.
You are CLOSELY related to a cop or judge.
You are a student, and will miss classes.

Xemanis Lawful Good
06/07/18 8:16 am

Tell them about how much their crimes anger you, about how you can't wait to see them locked up in a cell

CrazDab Florida
06/07/18 6:45 am

Tell them you feel sorry for people and will most likely will find them not guilty 🤷‍♂️

FieryFury America
06/07/18 5:24 am

I was able to get my jury duty postponed til Sept but idk if I’ll be able to get it postponed again. I have a medical issue where not only do I have problems standing for a long time, but I can’t sit for a long time either otherwise I get terrible cramps in my legs, the pain gets terrible and where I need to stretch and sitting in those close quarters without being able to stretch out or stand up and stretch won’t work for me. Idk how to get out of it.

orgblu10 Shamerica
06/07/18 6:54 am

I was excused because I have three kids that I am responsible for getting to and from three different schools, and all with different schedules and activities going on.

GlockMan1 Alabama
06/07/18 5:29 am

I usually just show up for jury duty with a Charles Mason swastika on my forehead. Works every time.

mark4
06/07/18 8:50 am

Become a police officer.

Ferganam Behind You
06/07/18 10:32 am

I got Swine flu right before a federal trial I’d been seated for began. The judge told me I’d better not show up and spread it.

mommamia illinois
06/07/18 9:09 am

Or if you’re a teacher & miss classes.

It never fails, I get called the first week of school every other year or so. I explain that it’s difficult to miss at that time of year. I also voluntarily offer my services in the summer months.

jlong105 Indiana
06/07/18 6:07 am

When being interviewed asked if you can pull the switch once you convince the rest of the jurors of his guilt.

Flamingo47
06/07/18 7:54 am

Give bad answers to their questions

fmm Philadelphia suburb
06/07/18 6:02 pm

in PA there is a small business waiver - have to call them and send in a form

shygal47 Florida east coast
06/07/18 8:26 am

Why? It's kinda interesting watching our justice system work instead listening to some pundit blast it.

orgblu10 Shamerica
06/07/18 6:56 am

I've been dismissed for medical issues in the past. All the court needed was documentation from my doctor.

Negamu be gay, do crime
06/07/18 10:26 am

Say “judgement is against my religion” and there you go

Ter04 Jersey
06/07/18 3:52 pm

My mother usually gets off because she says her father was in law enforcement (he was a NYPD lieutenant)

MrsCrayonWax
06/07/18 2:09 pm

I couldn’t because I have two kids and I drive one to school and care for the other at home. There was no one else to take my kids for me and they excused me. Otherwise, I would have loved to go. I was called up once before and not chosen.

SHOWofFIST Flint, MI
06/07/18 5:20 pm

Show a conflict of interest. Tell them you're racist homophobe who hates woman. You could still be President one day but it should at least get you out of jury duty.

spring27 California
06/07/18 6:36 pm

Tell them you always believe the police.

Dedmon California
06/07/18 6:50 pm

I don't know about your state, but in California you can postpone your date for eternity. You can't really get out of it, though. A lot of employers pay you full wages while you're serving, though.