Salim December 22nd, 2016 9:52pm

President-elect Donald Trump wants to 'greatly strengthen and expand U.S. nuclear capability.' Where do you stand on this issue?

JDoe Its a gift
12/22/16 3:18 pm

This fool is going to really hurt us and the world.

truspec Texas
12/22/16 3:03 pm

Why? Can we not already wipe out multiple countries with what we already have? Sounds like a way to spend more money

ProudCentrist Chicago, Illinois
12/22/16 4:58 pm

If he means nuclear energy, I agree. If he means nukes, I disagree.

Nbd12
12/22/16 5:10 pm

Because blowing up the entire planet 29x over just isn't quite enough to eradicate our enemies. If we can't blow up the planet we live on at LEAST 100x then I just won't feel safe.

Squidboy Snarkapottamus
12/22/16 5:00 pm

NO. NO. NO. NO. I'm not a novice here, I was on Trident submarines during & after the Cold War. I handled and maintained them. I know what they can do, why we have them and how many we have. These weapons are expensive to create, safeguard & maintain. Going back to Reagan, we have been working to reduce our nuclear arsenal from completely bonkers insane levels to let's just blow up the world 29 times over. His Tweet is either clueless or a setup for more defense pork. It's also a near word for word repeat of what Putin said in 2014. We have far more mucus than we need. What we do need to do is modernize our delivery systems and update security measures. But we could cut warheads in half and still have more than we will need in our lifetime.

KatG Liberal in Ohio
12/22/16 8:22 pm

This man truly frightens me. Truly. He's either psycho or he's stupid. Probably both.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
12/22/16 6:41 pm

Nuclear power, super-approve, we have only a fraction of the capacity we should have or could already use. Nuclear weapons, super-disapprove, we already have many times more than we should have or could conceivably ever need.

KojimaStudios
12/22/16 6:51 pm

He means nukes. He may try to twist it later on, but his tweet is in reference to bombs.

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/22/16 10:07 pm

I think @Squidboy made a convincing argument and he has much more knowledge in this area than I do. I'll go with "no"

Sentinel Ya ie wa noh
12/22/16 4:06 pm

I disagree......let us be content with the ones we already have, if a need for expansion is necessary (doubtful), we should address that at its proper time......inho....

catpillow Florida West Coast
12/22/16 10:02 pm

Mixed feelings. I'd prefer to not have or need any nuclear weapons on the entire planet, but I understand the wisdom of "speaking softly but carrying a big stick".

Sentinel Ya ie wa noh
12/22/16 4:00 pm

In what way.....towards energy prospects....?.....