ChristianMan19 December 22nd, 2016 2:37pm

"Men use the men's restroom, and women use the women's restroom, and in no circumstance should a man go into the women's restroom or a woman go into the men's restroom."

thatguy2 We tried to warn you
12/22/16 7:54 am

Yes, I do. Stop projecting your sexual fantasies on to others.

ChristianMan19 Colorado
12/22/16 7:52 am

Let's put it this way, do you honestly think that most men that go into the women's bathroom are actually there to use it? Didn't think so

LeftLibertarian The Age of Outrage
12/22/16 9:23 am

If it's based on gender identity rather than sex of birth then maybe I can go along with that.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 10:28 am

Under 18? No. More like under 8.

Other exceptions would be medical emergencies or janitorial work after the bathrooms are empty.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/22/16 7:22 pm

I agree 100% in principle. But in practice, I am in a position ( ♿ ) where it is necessary for my wife to assist me in getting on and off the toilet, getting my pants up and down, etc. so we have made a habit of stopping at McDonald's or Burger King restaurants when we travel, since they have large handicap stalls in their men's rooms. We go to the Men's room door, and I call in, "Is anyone in here?" before we head in.
But this is the only situation in which a woman has any business in a Men's room, or vice versa.

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
12/22/16 7:34 pm

That is a completely different situation and certainly understandable.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 7:38 pm

Oh I agree. That's very different. I would have no objection to her coming in, even if I'm standing there. She is absolutely needed. Although, I admit to thinking it's sad she is. I wish you were not disabled but am happy you have someone who you love and obviously loves you, to help you. I suppose in many ways, you are lucky in that regard. Ok, now I'm off topic and babbling. Sorry lol

Okie1967 Is Biden self aware
12/22/16 7:43 pm

Seems like common sense. Liberals have lost their minds.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 12:41 pm

Oh....looks like Black Cloud blocked me. I can no longer see his responses on the thread. Lol. Fascinating. Just fascinating. I have to accept guys in the bathroom my mother uses but he can't debate a 14 year old because "my voice had not changed". Odd. I have a 14 year old classmate who can grow a beard. His voice most certainly changed.
Liberals.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
12/22/16 1:34 pm

Men have a penis, Women have a vagina. Thats biology and anyone who disagrees with biology is an idiot. Im not being childish, im giving the facts.

elianastar Gab.ai FreeSpeech
12/22/16 8:23 pm

A man comes into a bathroom *I'm* using, he is seriously risking a good face-dousing of bear spray. Just sayin'

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/22/16 7:26 pm

Martin, don't give Black Cloud a moment's thought. He is so filled with hate that it blinds him to anyone who speaks the truth. I'm sure he will block me soon, but I am trying to show him love and understanding until he does.
Anyone who has had a conversation with you on SoH knows that you are extremely mature for a 14-year-old, and can hold your own in conversations with those three times your age or older.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 8:22 am

No one is taking rights away. You don't have the right now, in most places, to use the bathroom that does not go with your gender.
Men's Room = "have a penis"
Ladies Room = "vagina"

No one is saying "you can't use a restroom"

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 8:25 am

Nazi like to want men in men's locker and bathrooms and girls in girls locker and bathrooms?
You seriously just equated this with nazism? Are you kidding me right now?

BamaGirl ROLL TIDE from Arizona
12/22/16 9:27 pm

I thought of the same thing when I was taking care of my dad & I had to accompany him to the restroom.

CTYankee!!! Connecticut
12/22/16 7:55 am

There are some exceptions

Jazzy5 USA
12/22/16 1:27 pm

If I go into the ladies room and a man follows me in, he MAY be sorry he did!

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/22/16 7:28 pm

There is another exception that many people forget. See my comments above about companions to the disabled. ♿

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/22/16 7:29 pm

That is a psychological delusion, just like "transgenderism."

GeneralDevin MN
12/22/16 4:56 pm

That's the best policy. Always have and always should. Less than 1% of the population is transgender anyways. Why make things so awkward and cater to them at the expense of the 99.5?

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/22/16 8:29 pm

It's a confused and confusing topic in modern America, Martin. Until the 1970s, the psychological community agreed that homosexuality, bisexuality and gender confusion were "abnormal," and should be discouraged and treated as psychological illnesses. Although there has been no reliable evidence to the contrary, many falsified and dishonest studies were created to make it appear that these abnormal sexual orientations were somehow "normal." The homosexual lobby is a strong and ruthless group of people who will stop at nothing to achieve their political goals. Let me stop for one moment and point out that, as a drummer for community theater musicals over the past half century, I have made quite a few homosexual friends. Several of them are in long-term committed monogamous relationships with a partner of the same sex. I find that considerably easier to accept than the others, who practice serial promiscuity and engage in incredibly sick behaviors such as coprophagia, urination on...

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/22/16 8:39 pm

...one another, and the like. I'm sorry to even have to mention things like that to a 14-year-old, but it is important that you understand the dark side of these lifestyles as well as the glittering public side that they like to show. As for transgenderism, it is a relatively recent phenomenon, but it is entirely a mental delusion. And the "sex-change surgery" that is becoming the recommended treatment for it is just as delusional. It is biologically impossible to change a person's sex with hormone therapy or surgical mutilation of the genitals. If you are born as a male, you will still be a male after such surgery, because your DNA cannot be changed to "female," and your DNA has the final say as to what sex (or "gender") you actually are. There will be some liberals who will come along and violently disagree with these comments, but that's OK with me. I just want to give you the truth, since it has been largely buried by the conspiratorial homosexual lobby over the past half century.

RagingMystic covfefe
12/22/16 10:18 am

The republican lawmaker has had more cases of stalking women in the bathroom than any trans people

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/22/16 8:46 pm

With all that being said, I still believe that every individual should be treated with respect. However "respect" does not mean going along with a person's mental delusion. If someone thinks that they are a dog, it is not constructive to give them a bone and pat them on the head. And if they think that they are a woman in a man's body, it is not constructive to refer to them as a woman. Bruce Jenner is still Bruce Jenner, no matter whether he wants to be referred to as "Kaitlyn" or "Ivan the Terrible." So we can be polite and friendly and loving to others, but going along with their delusions is not the loving thing to do. Frankly, they need mental and spiritual help. 😃

kscott516 Masks fail
12/22/16 7:41 am

This is common sense.

TomLaney1 Jesus is Lord
12/22/16 8:55 pm

I'm glad you found those friends at school. I believe that it is important to build bridges of understanding and love with all those who are different from us in any way. You and I come from vastly different cultures, but we have built a bridge of understanding and acceptance that I find very heartwarming. I hope you feel the same way. I am sure that when you have fully recovered, you will meet many, many more friends your age, And because you are willing to build bridges, you will make true friends. I wish you and your family a very Happy Chanukah! שַׁלוׁם

ChristianMan19 Colorado
12/22/16 7:50 am

Well let's use some facts shall we? Within the first couple weeks of Target's bathroom controversy, there were multiple cases of sexual assault. It's common sense to keep the genders bathrooms separate

Luftwaffe South of Heaven
12/22/16 10:43 am

I'm opposed to giving them the privilege of using whichever bathroom simply because I'm opposed to the normalization of Transgenderism. The government shouldn't endorse or normalize the behavior in any way.

Brandon2018 Stocks Are Overvalued
12/22/16 9:39 am

The one exception is a mother bringing a son under 18 into a womans restroom or a father bringing a daughter under 18 into a mens restroom

BlackC
12/22/16 12:20 pm

And this 12 year old identifies as a boy and is in men's rest room behind a door if the irrational ignorant people of NC allow it. Again this is an economically bad law anyway and is unenforceable

BlackC
12/22/16 12:21 pm

Sure as long as you drink responsibly and don't cause other folks harm

BlackC
12/22/16 12:22 pm

The government shouldn't be involved in the first place just because some religious intolerant zealot thinks it violates a 1st century tenet

BlackC
12/22/16 8:10 am

That's the ignorance I am talking about . It's too easy to take rights way because of an uniformed fear that something might happen that doesn't happen and this right applies to men and women . Their genitalia parts don't define who they are. It's the religious nut balls wanting this restriction and they don't how it also negatively impacts the NC tax base either.

Xemanis Lawful Good
12/23/16 1:48 am

I only disagree because there might be an emergency or something.

FloridaPopulist Nationalist Right
12/22/16 7:31 pm

What about the glory hole guys?

BlackC
12/22/16 12:26 pm

The nazi s used yellow stars to identify Jews so I proposed to you what the crazies seem to want to identify these children and adults with a purple Star so they can readily enforce this stupid law and the old white hairs will feel safe again against a non problem and feel good about publicly embarrassing someone unlike them.

Senate101 San Diego
12/23/16 6:13 pm

Agree. You can change your gender,

Torfin Never Behind
12/23/16 7:27 am

Emergencies happen

BlackC
12/22/16 12:28 pm

Some people with a penis identify as being a women and visa versa . This issue has nothing to do with your genitalia cone head

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 7:35 pm

I thought I was being respected and have stated I am very ignorant on the topics involving homosexuality, transgenderism, binary.....all of these things. I have been respectful to homosexuals and I'm trying to learn. Maybe he took offense at what I said or thinks I'm too ignorant to talk to about it (although if he thought I was that's too bad because that's how people learn) or I just rubbed him the wrong way. I have never been blocked (to my knowledge) and never blocked anyone. Maybe he didn't want to "lose a debate" with someone my age, though I don't think of debates as having winners and losers, just people making their points. It stymied me why he obviously thought I was such a threat he had to block me. Oh well. I'm trying to learn about the topic. I guess he has nothing to teach so, ok. Doesn't bother me.
Thank you for the compliment Mr Laney. ☺️

BlackC
12/22/16 12:32 pm

Not true they passed a law that says you can't use the bathroom of choice because I'll informed people don't want you too . Those same people don't care either about losing business and millions of tax dollars over a non problem

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 8:20 am

Dude.....I grew up in Russia. We equate homosexuality with pedophilia (even have a law called basically "the homosexuality and pedophilia law"). I was about 4 months in the US before I learned most pedophiles are heterosexuals and family members are the target. I don't, for one moment, deny my ignorance on the subject but it just seems that no one is taking rights away. You can use a bathroom. You just go into the bathroom of your gender or have a gender neutral bathroom. Why should the rights of a person who wants to use the ladies bathroom take priority over the ladies who would be very uncomfortable by that?
I'm not arguing. I'm asking. Don't women have a right to be comfortable in their own bathroom?
Men, I don't think it's much of a problem for us but I would worry about a transgender person getting harassed in a men's room.

BlackC
12/22/16 8:21 am

People inclined to rape will rape as soon as they see vulnerability anywhere anytime .
Is NC going to put people at the bathroom doors and conduct interviews to police this stupid law? Or make people so inclined where purple stars of David? So like Trump these interviewers will have to group everyone passing in ? Wow nazi like

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 10:15 am

I am 14. I don't have children. Russians have rights. Russian homosexuals can basically be homosexual but cannot flaunt it. No pride parades, that sort of thing. Transgender people are different. They are seen as someone with an extreme mental illness and are technically not allowed to drive. Yes, that's ludicrous. I don't mind a woman in the men's room. I'm iffy on men in women's room. A man born with a penis is a man. I can go put on my mothers clothes and make up. It doesn't make me my mother or a woman.
I have real trouble when it comes to locker rooms. You can call me a Neanderthal or whatever you want. I'm a realist.

2016 USA= Everyone got offended about everything. There are more than two genders. Islamic terrorists are not terrorists. The Russian did it (whatever it is). Conservatives are now "alt-right". The "rights" of the one take priority over the rights of the many. "Wants" and "rights" are confused.
"Call anyone you disagree with "a nazi"
Insult, don't debate"

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 10:21 am

"The person with a penis who identifies as a women is a women so women with a vagina should not be alarmed"

So an "otherkin" who identifies as a wolf is a wolf so is a wolf born a wolf or.....do we just include transgender in our social justice cause and not "transpecies"?
How about a 25 year old man who identifies as a 12 year old girl? Does he get the child discount at McDonalds? Yes, these are ludicrous question but no more ludicrous than a person born with a penis who says he's a woman is a woman.

xzach next door to you
12/24/16 12:51 pm

If you gotta go you gotta go. It's about using the bathroom not sex. Also, who's doing the below the belt check?

Domino3 Abolish the ATF
12/22/16 7:56 pm

@blackcloud why are you being such a dick to Russian? For someone who tells him that you won't debate with someone until their mind matures maybe you should be concerned with the mind of "the kid" you were talking about previously that incorrectly identifies himself.

RussianThunder Russia and USA
12/22/16 10:25 am

Freedom of choice. I choose to identify as a 21 year old. Can I now have a margarita?