geoag02 August 14th, 2016 3:17pm

Donald Trump now has more than twice as many votes as Hillary Clinton in the Election 2016 tab. Do you think this a true reflection of the feelings of fellow SoH'ers or have most of the Bernie voters not been back to pick the best of what's left?

abusara i drink and i know things
08/14/16 12:00 pm

Funny - and sad - thing is, Trumpkins will use SOH results as evidence the election was stolen when their Dear Leader doesn't win.

timeout Boston Strong
08/14/16 10:42 am

They should have reset it after the convention and have everybody vote from scratch. That would've given us a more accurate view of the show of hands community.

susanr Colorado
08/14/16 8:30 am

I'm sure very few have updated. Sanders had a ton of votes. I don't remember how many Trump had before the Sanders votes were reset but I don't think he's gained very many. I wish SOH had announced the reset and suggested people revote. I'll be glad to share the poll.

Laserbeam Crazy bird lady
08/14/16 8:45 am

I didn't even notice that until now. Thank you. Re-cast my vote for Jill.

EarlyBird Portland
08/14/16 8:34 am

Nobody cares about that feature.

Zod Above Pugetropolis
08/14/16 1:04 pm

It's probably just the built-in distinctly rightward tilt of our user base. Picking Trump this time is not so different than picking Romney last time, not to compare the two in any other way. Trump is in a "special" class all by himself.

08/14/16 9:46 am

I wasn't really being serious, though there would be a certain amount of ironic humor in you "feeling the Johnson"

Irrilogical New Jersey
08/14/16 7:14 pm

This app is DOMINANTLY RIGHT WING so none of it is accurate as in real life is more half and half for right and left wingers

cornybread The Large Malus Fruit
08/14/16 5:04 pm

Doesn't matter, the SOH community is slanted way to the right. Hillary is leading the race right now.

spicysteve M14D SBS
08/14/16 8:43 am

It absolutely doesn't. If you click on Donald Trump, and read the news stories they're about the lead up to the N.Y. Primary.

That was in April.... I don't get how they can just let an entire tab lie fallow.

getupbaby South City
08/14/16 1:04 pm

Only if she catches up with Johnson. I feel like he can have a more positive impact on conservatism than Jill on the left. Bernie hopefully already sent the correct message to the DNC.

Krystina Let Freedom Reign
08/14/16 9:12 am

Guessing people have forgotten to recast their votes. But your poll with probably remind them. 👍🏼

spicysteve M14D SBS
08/14/16 8:32 am

The Bern feelers haven't updated it. But frankly neither have the mods.

DavidB5356 West Hollywood
08/14/16 9:33 am

It did for me thanks! Gary Johnson has my vote, likely till the bitter end. I hope he disrupts the map enough the cause immense chaos. He can win in Utah, maybe even Colorado!

08/14/16 8:34 am

The mods have removed the Bernie votes, but they didn't tell anyone so now Trump has 56%. I seriously doubt that reflects reality.

08/14/16 8:45 am

Obviously not. I remember them doing monthly resets in 2012 to make sure that at least in the days following a reset it was reflectively accurate. They aren't doing that this time.

08/14/16 8:47 am

Happy to help 😀

08/14/16 1:50 pm

True. It wouldn't surprise me if Trump fails to carry Texas this time, but I bet it will surprise the hell out of them.

getupbaby South City
08/16/16 3:21 pm

*resigned and rehired by Hillary. Let's not forget one of the leakers is dead, shot in the back with his wallet and possessions on him. Let's not forget who consistently flip flopped on progressive issue (and is still doing it). Let's not forget the millions she made speaking behind closed doors. Let's not forget lying to American public about emails, about being under sniper fire, and about lord knows what else. She's a criminal at worst. At best, she's a well connected elitist who will protect Wallstreet, the big banks, and probably will end up waffling on Citizens United, which seems to be the only platform change Bernie was able to make to her campaign. Obama? Eh, he's alright. Just alright. Hillary is no Obama. Hillary is worse than a lackluster Bill. I'm out. Sorry. Probably voting Johnson.

08/14/16 5:13 pm

It's not slanted that far. Sanders had more votes than Trump. Those votes have all been cancelled and most of the people who cast them have not picked someone else.

getupbaby South City
08/14/16 1:08 pm

I'll bite. Why is Jill Stein anti science?

jvberg Winter has Come
08/14/16 9:07 am

Totally forgot about that feature and chances are I won't update it to Hillary

08/14/16 9:14 am

That's what I am hoping for.

susanr Colorado
08/14/16 9:59 am

My vote is still on Vermin Supreme. Just because I can, and because it doesn't count for anything.

I'll switch it to something that reflects what I'll actually do in the election, a bit closer to the election.

08/15/16 7:11 am

They probably would if they voted, but I think most of them haven't since the time Bernie was removed. Probably a decent chunk of them have stopped using the app.

08/15/16 8:34 am

I know this app is not a scientific poll and never will be, but showing what would happen if 100% of the Bernie Sanders voters stayed home is absurd. There is absolutely no chance at all of that happening.

08/14/16 8:21 am

Oh, and to assist with the accuracy of the Election 2016 tab in this app, please share this poll if you have a lot of liberal followers. I think I have something like 6.

kermie gaytopia
08/14/16 9:24 am

Is forgotten about it, though I don't want to vote for any of the remaining choices. Ugh.

TJMacks3 Evolutionary Socialist
08/14/16 8:35 am

I was unaware of his removal until recently.

ladyniner81 no hope for humanity
08/15/16 6:03 am

It surprises me with all the Bernie supporters on here. I'd think they'd jump to Hillary or Johnson, or even Stein before Trump

tydye
08/14/16 6:02 pm

SOH is also not even close to being an accurate sampling of the population.

veritas1 Panda
08/17/16 1:28 am

Anyone who has bought into the Seth conspiracy theories needs more help than I could ever give. Vote for whoever. I don't really care. Johnson is pretty sane and emotionally stable.

veritas1 Panda
08/17/16 1:31 am

And anyone who thinks that Bernie is the reason Hillary is anti-Citizens U clearly hasn't bothered to inform themselves of the candidates' records.

Citizens United was literally a decision handed down against Hillary Clinton in favor of a right-wing smear PAC attacking her. At any rate, reason will most likely prevail at the voting booths in November.

kermie gaytopia
08/14/16 9:43 am

Sorry, I don't mean to be flippant. He would be better than Trump or Clinton. But still destructive.

dylan1776
08/15/16 8:15 am

Not accurate polling results on here don't reflect the majority of general election polls which have Clinton in the lead and Gary's average is higher then what it is on this app.

getupbaby South City
08/16/16 6:47 am

I'd be more invested, but Jill isn't winning anything. A vote for her is simply a message to the DNC. "We don't vote for fraudulent people."

veritas1 Panda
08/16/16 2:50 pm

The head of the DNC resigned and the staffers who sent those emails were fired. And that was over a few unprofessional emails that happened in May, long after Hillary had effectively clinched the nomination.

Not one single email actually led to any action taken that was biased in any way. Hillary won by 4 million votes. She is the rightful nominee. There was no rigging at all. At no point did Bernie even poll within 8 points of Clinton. The idea that the primaries were rigged in Clinton's favor is nothing more than Russia propaganda.

So the DNC can only conclude that the people who buy into that crap are so unreliable, easily manipulated, and removed from actual progressivism, that they're not worth the effort.

veritas1 Panda
08/15/16 8:59 pm

She has repeatedly peddled falsehoods about vaccines as part of her pandering to the anti-vaccine nutcases that make up so much of the Green Party. She's a GMO conspiracy theorist who believes that they aren't safe despite there being no scientific evidence to support that claim and mountains refuting it. She is so anti-nuclear power that she actually believes that, "nuclear power plants = WMDs."

This woman is a lunatic. She believes that wifi signals are a threat to human brain function and development. She and the Green Party are big advocates of homeopathy and other quack sciences while actively casting distrust on the government agencies promoting and regulating vaccines. She's a nutjob. Plain and simple.

getupbaby South City
08/17/16 4:31 am

There's no way reason will prevail. 0% chance.

dylan1776
08/15/16 8:36 am

Of course I have looked at polls of Bernie people and the good amount support Clinton, then Johnson, then Stein, then Trump

veritas1 Panda
08/16/16 2:40 am

I'm not sure what part of my characterization of her position on vaccines you're denying.

Green energy = nukes source:
mobile.twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/715230945679380481

Tin foil wifi signal theory:
www.sciencealert.com/us-presidential-candidate-jill-stein-thinks-wi-fi-is-a-threat-to-children-s-health

08/14/16 10:02 am

Do you know if Vermin Supreme will be on the ballot in your state? I don't think he is in mine.

08/14/16 9:26 am