Show Of Hands July 24th, 2012 12:00am

Do you write with your left hand or right hand?

Fact FL
07/24/12 8:19 am

This user is currently being ignored

nnayllek Cliffs of Insanity
07/24/12 5:14 pm

@pretorian- most parents do not slap a crayon in their child's right hand and say "draw".
Children show a preference at an early age. Many parents are excited to learn that their child is left-handed and, therefore, allow left-handed writing/drawing/activity.

WhoDat Missouri
07/24/12 8:34 am

Gee, the results on this poll should be extremely unpredictable.. (sarcasm)

07/24/12 8:39 pm

I'm mixed handed as well.
It's different from ambidexterity in that both hands cannot be used equally, rather a different hand is preferred for different tasks.
For example, I can only write with my left hand, yet when I'm throwing something, I have to use my right.

Br@ndon Your Soul
07/24/12 8:48 am

Right, but I wish I was ambidextrous.

jimmyjelly BFE, PA
07/24/12 5:24 pm

Ibanez. Your wrong. The poll asked: are you right handed or left handed? Not which hand you write with.

Nerdz Texas
07/24/12 9:00 pm

I write with my right but I'm not that bad with my left ;)

07/24/12 8:56 am

Im ambidextrous. play sports with my right, and do everything else with my left.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
07/24/12 5:26 pm

We are right handed, but twin boys are both left handed. I am not sure what this indicates. However, it is interesting.

I wonder how many use their mouth, feet or other method to write.

tabbser
07/25/12 10:56 pm

Lefty here. But, like all lefties, a high degree of ambidexterity. The advantages are obvious as we all use right handed tools with either hands (but like to complain about how unfair it is) but the downside is eating with chopsticks with righties is awkward but can be mitigated by seat planning.

wetheslaves Live each moment fully
07/24/12 5:32 pm

Mentioned this before. My one friends dad was able to write with two hands at the same time in different directions. Not sure if his brain was disconnected, amazing ability or practiced party trick. Just try to do this. I can't

davidlattimer Arizona
07/25/12 2:48 pm

just a question to people who are left handed what are some objects that are difficult to use just because they are normally or always made for right handed people

Tobichan Ohio
07/24/12 12:54 pm

Lefty here! 13% so far - way more than I expected, but that's awesome.

mjr95255 New York
07/24/12 5:36 pm

This survey seems to suggest that one will ALWAYS write with their own dominant hand. It will cause a statistical glitch that doesn't account for things like a broken right hand or a child of thalidomide without a right hand or with no right fingers.

crquinones
07/24/12 9:32 pm

I write with my right hand and do many fine motor tasks right handed but most of my gross motor skills are done like a left handed person would do them. Like when i do a cartwheel i face the way 22% of you do. I balance better with my left leg etc.

07/24/12 9:14 am

Leftie power woot woot

TARDIS
07/27/12 10:50 pm

Ambidextrous!!! What answer should I pick?!

07/25/12 3:01 pm

Lefty! Haha I leave school every day with pencil/pen smudges on the side of my hand.

peacenskis Alaska
07/24/12 5:47 pm

I can do nothing with my left hand. It's just there to support my right hand with whatever it's doing.

pretorian Florida
07/24/12 9:40 pm

Truly ambidextrous people, dexterous with both hands/feet seem rare but mixed common.
As mentioned in a past thread, I write and shoot R, throw and kick L, box both.
More or less precision R force L.

HAUSTYLE California
07/30/12 7:06 am

davidlattimer- scissors, weed eaters, some spatulas, archery bows, the locks and bolt action on firearms are always for righties. drills, the arm wrestling game in arcades, golf clubs and guitars are always 15 to 40% more expensive for lefties. ball gloves, the list goes on.

HAUSTYLE California
07/30/12 7:10 am

my dad must have known all this, because he tried his hardest to get me to be right handed. bought me a right handers ball glove. used to tape the pencil or pen to my right hand. all sorts of dumb stuff. and now I'm a thriving member of my globe. left handers are the only ones in their right minds!

softball1? Florida
07/24/12 9:46 pm

LEFTY!!!!! Ahh I love being different lol!

elyonia679
07/25/12 3:16 pm

I'm a righty :(. lefties are said to be great musicians, artists, and generally creative people. just look at Hendrix, McCartney, etc. but I'm currently trying to become ambidextrous, so I can have the best of both worlds!

634 Indiana
07/24/12 9:48 pm

Write with right. Play pool and darts with left.

pretorian Florida
07/24/12 1:44 pm

I was taught to write with the right and that's what I do.
Since youfirst are taught that, how does a leftie find out he is one at all?

Gabbababa
07/24/12 9:45 am

I used to be a lefty up until I went to first grade because I thought what I was doing was wrong (seeing all those right handed kids)

yorkie62
07/24/12 9:49 am

I'm right. My dad & daughter both left!