Liberty June 9th, 2014 5:29pm

"Americans who wish to own firearms should join the police or military. Ordinary citizens don't need guns as their having guns doesn't serve a collective purpose."

C0BBLEST0NE Minnesota
06/09/14 10:32 am

How am I supposed to hunt? What about my schools trap shooting team? How will I defend myself from bears while in the wilderness?

C0BBLEST0NE Minnesota
06/09/14 10:38 am

The recreation is for 10,000 youth in my state. How is that not collective?

susanr Colorado
06/09/14 2:28 pm

I'm a far left commie pinko socialist hippie, and I have no desire to own a gun, but that statement just blows.

06/09/14 10:35 am

Your recreation is not necessary to the collective, and you shouldn't be disturbing the wildlife anyway.

TrogdorORL n dimensional
06/09/14 11:51 am

Perhaps it's just sarcasm, but you do realize the police are under no obligation to protect you right?

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/09/14 11:18 am

It's unbelievable people think this way. Your house probably isn't going to catch on fire, but is that reason enough to not get insurance?

MadCow True GOP
06/09/14 11:20 am

My house is going to catch on fire. I need a flamethrower.

06/09/14 11:25 am

The state provides you with protection. There's no need to provide your own.

MadCow True GOP
06/09/14 10:56 am

But what about all the bad men that are waiting to jump out of me as soon as I put my concealed handgun away? Or all the crimes that I stop on a regular basis because of open carry? It's my duty as a citizen to carry a gun.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/09/14 10:57 am

Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
06/09/14 12:53 pm

I do t think I could hit the disagree button any harder. This must be some euro-trash Piers Morgan kinda nonsense.

06/09/14 11:34 am

Obviously the way to stop a fire is to call the authorities. The same goes for criminals.

anonymousmn Minnesota
06/09/14 1:05 pm

Lol, and the government HAS taken it upon themselves to issue more permits in areas for the reduction of deer to reduce the herd to reduce accidents.

06/09/14 12:29 pm

They can buy food at the grocery store. There is no need to risk everyone's lives for it.

anonymousmn Minnesota
06/09/14 12:32 pm

As much as I hate it, hunting of deer is a necessary thing here in Minnesota. I have seen deer in NC, they are the size of large dogs. Here they are the size of large horses. They tangle with cars and have caused deaths from accidents.

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/09/14 11:16 am

It's easy to fall into that lazy form of thinking, but if someone broke into my house and was wishing to do my mom, dad, sister or even dog harm, I'd sure as hell want something to defend myself with. Saying the odds of that happening aren't...

06/09/14 10:41 am

I don't know! Just play along!

06/09/14 11:52 am

None, unless it has embedded messaging that serves to re-educate the populace on important issues. All others should be prohibited.

06/09/14 11:54 am

Correct, officers of the states have the authority to determine if a citizen is valuable to the collective, and this worthy of the effort necessary to provide protection.

06/09/14 1:12 pm

Adapted from Heinrich Himmler, a man who really knew that citizens must be protected from their own selfish choices.

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/09/14 10:58 am

be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/09/14 10:58 am

to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men

DerekWills Lone Star Gun Rights
06/09/14 10:59 am

chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence.

This is an excerpt from Federalist 46 by James Madison

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/09/14 2:18 pm

*blows raspberries* very much dislike polls like this.

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/09/14 11:32 am

You can't stop a fire with more fire. You CAN stop an armed criminal with your own gun. You can't be serious with that analogy.

06/09/14 11:35 am

See! Militia! The means joining the states armed forces!

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/09/14 11:37 am

"collective purpose" is not a basis, as far as I understand, to allow/disallow for ownership of anything.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/09/14 1:37 pm

gotcha, your trying to make a point not having a serious conversation. you had me there for a bit.

bethanyq Ess Eff
06/09/14 1:02 pm

I wish we had actual organized civilian militias. Groups that could be responsible for ensuring proper training and care but not directly administered or overseen by the government.

06/09/14 11:43 am

It is the only basis by which an individual may be allowed ownership of any product.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/09/14 2:37 pm

oh go hush, shush and stop this foolishness.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/09/14 12:31 pm

but that's my point, we don't judge item by item what is available for purchase based on collective purpose or not. we usually only limit or control that which is deemed unsafe in some way.

Whichendisup uniquely unoriginal
06/09/14 11:49 am

so what is the collective purpose for someone owning video games?

06/09/14 12:34 pm

If you're experiencing a problem with transportation, you should consult with the Department if Transportation. Citizens should not, under any circumstances, take the law into their own hands.

RINOTom Peoria, IL
06/09/14 11:17 am

... high enough to warrant us owning a gun is insultingly lazy-minded. Guess we should just cross our fingers every night. FTR, we don't own any guns, but I wish we did.

06/09/14 1:11 pm

That's acceptable if endorsed by government, but the firearms should be registered and fitted with a tracking device when rented, then promptly returned to the quartermaster when the citizens approved activity is completed.

06/09/14 1:13 pm

That's an oversight that should soon be corrected to ensure safety and order.

06/09/14 1:14 pm

Civilian militias are terrorist groups, and should be hunted mercilessly.

lightsabr2 The Big Sky
06/09/14 1:19 pm

Lol! Good to know Morgan and Feinstein and the rest of the Lefty Looneys are in good company.

06/09/14 1:20 pm

Of course. There is much we could all learn from the genius of Feinstein.

Br@ndon Your Soul
06/09/14 1:31 pm

Policemen don't even do their jobs...

comppete Las Vegas
06/09/14 1:31 pm

Your poll is moronic at best. If you really believe that crap, you are entitled to your opinion, even though it is incorrect. Just remember, it is only an opinion.